Monday, March 26, 2007

The brilliance of BSNL

My BSNL land line is currently "dead". If I try calling it, I hear the ringing tone. None of my phone-sets ring though; and the caller ID displays are blank. What's brilliant ? The net connection through the same line still works; and it's that line which I'm currently using to type in this post. And it's not a "almost there" internet connection as well. I ran a test at BandwidthPlace and it showed 661.1 kilobits per second, which is about the speed I usually get. (Of course, the phones etc. are connected properly.) This problem had occured earlier too, and had then got sorted out automatically in the course of time (without me complaining).

Update: Phone is fine now after 3+ weeks - apparently "the computer had not registered the complaint" the first time we registered one.

No comments: