Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hard disk bought

[Informative, but only to hard disk buyers]

I am now the not-so-proud owner of a 160 Gbyte hard disk.

Not-so-proud because I had a bet with myself a long time ago, that I would never need more than 40 GB of storage, given that I had a CD-Writer; and also because this hard disk is P-ATA, which will be obsolete within the next 3 years.

Name: Seagate Barraduca 7200.9
Model: ST3160212A
Interface: P-ATA (don't know the UDMA rate yet).
Bought From: Fairdeal Computers and Peripherals, P. R. Lane (off S. P. Road)
Date of Purchase: 14th October, 2006
Cost: 2700/- + 108/- V. A. T.
Warranty: Seagate's 5 year limited.

This post is meant to tell you to not shell anything more than 2800/- if you buy the same hard disk in Bangalore (of course, with the assumption that costs of computer products almost always decline with time).

1 comment:

abhinav said...

Punts !! 160 !!!
and now i bet that u wont be able to fill it up !!!

[ i might have to eat my words one year down the line ]