Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Exam:fever :: Laughter:medicine?

The Data Communications final exam paper of the 5th Semester is one our batch will remember for long. Completely numerical; no amount of theory mugging would have helped in answering this one. VTU finally decided to pass most of those who'd attempted something. I'd tried all 8 questions, and managed to get a 75. A selection of images from this one below:

DC Page 1

DC match the following

DC some more

Recollection of this paper even two years after the incident will not fail to arouse at least a smile in most of those who attempted it.

2 comments:

Devadutta Ghat said...

How come you suddenly recollected it?
Post the "SE" Paper too ;)

Abhijit Pai said...

Recently:

...
Abhijit: "Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. All rights reserved. 2006-2007"
Abhijit: They're ahead of the times..
Srikanth: they're also not reserving their rights from 1998 to present
Srikanth: all that is public domain
Abhijit: they really don't care too much about that I suppose..
Abhijit: they have no IP at all..
Abhijit: no need for rights..
Srikanth: Exam papers...
Srikanth: dude those are works of art... remember the DC paper?
Srikanth: "Join the following" and "no marks unless all are joined" etc
Abhijit: That was tooo good..
Abhijit: I need to get that thing scanned..
Srikanth: I threw it out..
Srikanth: i gave it to my cousin, told him that his DC paper would be the simplest ever. I turned out to be right.

I'd have put the S. E. paper too, but I don't remember it having any clearly laughable sections, or did it ?